Thursday, October 09, 2003

Back to the guilt induced wedding sampler....
I've had Autumn Romance in my stash for years.
I bought it after I had stitched Child of Spring years ago for my niece and I'd have to say it was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. Not only that, it was knock-out gorgeous. So I've had Autumn Romance on my mind since the R&S announced their engagement. To be fair, the guilt is totally on my part. R&S haven't said a word, or even hinted about feeling badly. And I really want to do it for them.

I'll think more seriously on that after soccer season ends.

Only 2 1/2 more weekends of soccer, thank you very much. This has been a particularly stressful season, with 2 (of four) new officers in our group and a new league president. I'll be glad when it's over. I'd rather be thinking of all the Christmas gifts I'd like to stitch/quilt/knit, but instead I'm working on referee schedules, ordering food for concessions, and worrying about the league funds. Oh well, time to turn off the gripe machine, because we all work hard and have our own pressures, don't we?

No stitching was accomplished in the last couple of days. Took MIL to the eye docs for a cataract check up, so I took along my knitting because it's easy to put down and pick up. This doc has a huge practice, and it's just full of stunning artwork. Originals - not prints. At the reception desk there was a lovely XS pic of an angel carrying a flag. I had to wonder if it was from a grateful patient? I'm going to ask about it when we go back next week.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment