Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Another week goes by...My life has been a series of paint/flooring/carpeting/furniture selections. This new construction may be the end of me. I really stress out over the choices. I guess it's because I know that I'm going to have to live with most of these decisions for at least the next 20 years. Not to mention that I stress out over costs.

Well, I don't want to talk about that anymore. My blog should be a place on no stress!

I've framed the Gift of Friendship - I'm getting pretty decent at this! I'm seriously playing with the idea of setting up my own framing workshop. I don't exactly have space, but that never stopped me before. Heck, I have so many stitched pieces to frame, I have to think that any tools and supplies I would buy would pay for themselves in a very short time. So far I've only framed things that look ok in standard size mats and frames, but every now and then I look at something I've framed and thought, "Hmmm, just an inch more around would have really improved that framing." Maybe after Christmas? Stay tuned...

I've worked a tiny bit on the PS Log Cabin. I can't stitch when I'm worried, and DS is worrying me gray. Teenage boys! Lord, help me. I'm blessed to have good friends who assure me that this too shall pass. Sometimes we can find the humor in situations. Well, other peoples situations! Like my nephew. He recently got into worlds of trouble because over Halloween he and some friends went to the railroad tracks and shot paintball guns at commuter trains. They didn't damage anything, but the idiots shot at commuters instead of just freight trains and the people on the trains were scared half to death. I know I would have been the first to hit the floor... And they called the police. Well anyway, I can laugh at what idiots those kids were, but if it was my kid, I suppose I wouldn't think it was so funny.

I wonder if parents of teenagers have a patron saint? If you know of one, email me, so I can buy his statue! And his medallion...and I'll burn candles.....whatever works!
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment