Friday, December 12, 2003

I think I'll do a little meme work. Maybe it'll get me to post more regularly! I'll try to add some stitchy commentary in an answer or two, also. So - here goes the Friday Five:

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays? Yes and no. I like cold weather ONLY if it snows. Then there's something to do - sled or ski or if there's ice we can skate. If it's not gonna snow, it may as well be warm.

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? My ideal holiday celebration would be right here, right now, but with more of the people that I love. Physical distance keeps us apart, otherwise I know we'd be together. Good food, some fun games, and sending people home happy.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? We used to light advent candles, but that got away from me this year. A nice dinner Christmas eve, then mass, then a decadent dessert afterwards.

4. Do you do anything to help the needy? Yes, but not as much as perhaps I should. Hat, glove, and sock donations to our church's Jesse tree, money to St. Vincent DePaul, "angel tree" donations for our church youth group.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself? Pie in the sky? Money for Lasik surgery! My eyesight is really becoming a problem. Stitching is becoming very difficult. It has to be done under certain light conditions, with glasses layered on glasses - it's a drag. Watching TV thru bifocals when I'm in a recliner is almost impossible. But if we're talking realistic gifts, I'd like some slippers that can be comfy around the house, but can stand up to going outside a bit when I need to get wood. Stitching wise, I'd like my very own chair set up for stitching. Really. Excellent light source, preferably on a floor base. A table with a drawer so I can put my stuff away and the cat can't lay on it, or so the dog can't grab a skein of floss and chew on it. And nobody can sit there but me, so I don't have to sweep away crumbs or pick up cups or glasses.

OK, there's my Friday Five! It was kinda fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment