Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's been an ordinary week, which doesn't make for exciting blog writing. Our local Halloween parade was last night, and as usual I was amazed by the creative costumes that we saw. It amazes me particularly because I really stink at Halloween costumes.

Which brings me to another point - It looks like I've been blogging for over a year. The "I stink at Halloween" theme sounded familiar and sure enough, I was saying the same thing about a year ago, in this very same blog.

I'm surprised that I've stuck with blogging this long. My attempts at personal journals have always faded out after a couple of weeks, and totally disappeared after a month. I think it's the inspiration I get from reading other blogs and from the thought that someone else may be reading this. It's like having an exercise partner. You may not feel like doing it from time to time, but there's your buddy out there doing it. So you don't want to let them down, nor do you want them to outpace you....Kind of like be selfless and selfish at the same time? Well, whatever. It's still surprising to me.

My capricious behavior of last week seems to have gone away. I've actually stuck to a single job from beginning to end. My office is (relatively) neat and clean. My important files are in order. I wish I knew why my attention span disappeared temporarily.

I finished the third (winter) house in No Place Like Home, and now I'll head back to the baby sampler. DSIL's baby shower is in two weeks, but I'll hold on to this till Christmas. Instead, we're getting her a stroller.

I've been thinking and thinking about these Embroidered envelopes. I seem to remember someone blogging about them a while back, but can't find it now. If it was you, please let me know?

Last soccer weekend of the year. I'm looking forward to the end - I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment