Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Since I don't have any recent completions, here are a few OLD autumn themed projects I've done in the past. This is what happens when you clean closets....


This one is super old, probably from 1986 or so. It was a fun series of small seasonal samplers. You know what, though? Once you become used to looking at the newer overdyeds and variegated threads, this sampler begins to look a little flat. Hmmm. Compare it to the scan below with lots of color variation. Don't get me wrong, I still like it. Just not as much.


A finish from 2 years ago. My first try with Sampler threads. Lots of fun!

I'll tell you what else - now I feel really old. And feeble. Feeble because I still have unframed projects in my closet that are over 15 years old. That's older than my kids. And I even had a life back then. And money.

OK that settles it. No more cleaning closets. They can clean them when I'm six feet under and marvel at my skill at stitching, and my laziness at framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment