Monday, November 22, 2004

Sorry I’ve been away for most of the week. My vision is not what I had hoped it would be. As the week went on, my distance vision got worse, particularly in my right eye. And my dependence on reading glasses has me pretty bummed. I knew I’d need them for reading, sewing, etc. But I didn’t think I’d be completely non-functional without them. There’s not a chance in hell that I can read anything closer to me than six feet. At the doc’s, they recommended a +2, but in reality, I need at lease +2.5. So I go for another follow-up appt today, and I’ll know more after that.

Ugh. I hate to whine about medical crap.

So my stitching has been very limited. My +3.25’s are nice for sewing, but my head starts to hurt after about 30 minutes. So I’ve made little progress. Last night I started sorting thru some threads, small projects, etc, but I gave up after a short while. And I watched TV. But at least there were decent shows on.

Is anyone else enjoying Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal as much as I am? I really like those shows – each has a bit of mystery and humor and sadness and quirkiness. I think they’re very entertaining. Great characters.

On the other hand, I used to be a big CSI fan, but lately….I think they’re usually pretty stupid. First of all, WHAT is the preoccupation with semen on these shows? Aren’t there ever any murders (esp in Las Vegas) that don’t have some sort of semen evidence? Not that CSI was ever considered family viewing, but cripes, give me a break! The occasional kinky murder may interest viewers from time to time, but every single week? It’s very formulary anymore (is that a word, and if so, did I use it correctly?) Murder - - - find semen - - - convict killer(s). So DH and I have come up with a new meaning for the acronym. Just use your imaginations….And what happened to the characters on these shows? This season we’ve seen little or no character development. They just collect the evidence and that’s it. How dull. At the end of a program, I’m left with that, “And who cares?” feeling.

And that’s too bad, because I’ve always been a big David Caruso fan. And the NY show looked promising, but I’m not too inclined to make time to watch that when the other two shows aren’t keeping me interested.

Hmmm. In re-reading this, maybe I should get a life…..

No comments:

Post a Comment