Saturday, January 15, 2005

This will probably be a very short entry, because like everyone else in Western Pa. our family is in the grip of Steeler Fever. And the game starts in about an hour, so there’s food to prepare and prime seating positions to be negotiated. I just want a seat with decent light for stitching….

I’ve been working (still) on No Place Like Home. I’m down to the last bit of lettering along the bottom. And unfortunately, I found a mistake in the last house I worked on – the Autumn one – and I’m trying to decide if it’s worthwhile to rip part of it out. I’m leaning towards just letting it go. Here's a pic - tell me what you think.




Cleaned out a stitching/fabric closet this weekend. Our local St. Vincent DePaul store is holding quilting days each Monday afternoon. I’d love to go, but Mondays are out of the question. But then I got to thinking about all of the fabric stash I’ve been holding on to that I’ll probably never use. My goal was to donate at least 27 pieces of fabric, and I’d venture to say that I found much more than that. It felt wonderful to cart all of that out of my closet and down to the store. I hope it all finds its way into a neat quilt somehow. Or at least into something that will warm someone who is down on his or her luck.

In other ways, I have to say I was a little sad, too. I think I was afraid that it was the beginning of the end of my quilting hobby. I mean… I love quilts. And I love the thought of quilting. I love the quilting itself. And I really love the accomplished feeling of handing over a finished quilt. But like in so many other aspects of my life, I bit off way, way more than I could chew. My purchasing became unrealistic.

So maybe it’s not the beginning of the end, but rather a new, enlightened beginning. There….now I feel better.

Gotta go. It’s almost game time!

No comments:

Post a Comment