Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I really, really, really want to take the day off today. I want a day to play! I don't wanna work! (End whine).

Stitching has been so nice and so rewarding lately that it's all I seem to think about. Actually, that's a relief. I truly thought that I was done stitching for a while back there. I just couldn't get excited about it and that lasted a long period of time....

In retrospect, I think my boredom was more about frustration. I couldn't see very well, even with bifocals and wearing an extra set of magnifiers. But since my eye surgery, I've been able to see so much better.

Well, I'm off to the salt mines. Piles of work to plow thru, and DH returns tonight from a golf trip, which means a late run to the airport to pick him up. He called last night and it sounded like he was having a blast. I can't tell you how glad that makes me. Yes - - - this from the woman who had the I Hate Golf Rant a few months ago in this very blog. This trip was different. In my mind, this trip was less about the golf and more about DH having fun with a bunch of men. He doesn't get to do that often enough. So I'm happy for him.

Funny thing is, I was looking forward to a few nights alone in my bed. DH had the flu a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like ever since then, his snoring has gotten really, really bad. It's much louder, and I wasn't sleeping well. So I was anticipating a few nights of unbroken sleep. But here's the kicker. I can't fall asleep. I'm tired, but I lay in bed and toss and turn. If I get up and watch TV, I fall asleep in front of the TV, but when I get back into bed, I'm wide awake. So I've slept worse than ever all week. I finally resorted to tuning the radio to a talk show, and then I could drift off. I guess I'm just a creature of habit....

No comments:

Post a Comment