Friday, May 27, 2005

The joy of stash shopping!

OK, as promised, here are pics of my shopping trip haul.
Before I start, I should say that I went to Teatime Stitchery, near Monroeville PA. It was a lovely store, with good customer service. I’ll certainly go back!

First of all, I bought supplies for a freebie kit exchange that I’m doing with a Yahoo group. We’re all picking a Christmas freebie and kitting it up to send to another member. My partner liked snowmen, so I found a nice one at Sue Hillis Designs. Then I modified the fabric and thread a bit to include some overdyeds, a button or two, and some hand-dyed fabric. I think these colors will work well for a snowman. And of course, I bought enough for me, too…
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then I’ve been admiring these little samplers by Heart in Hand. They came with the silver charms, too. Didn’t buy fabric – I have enough in my stash…
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And back to freebies – I have a LK summer freebie w/a watermelon. These supplies will work, along with the threads I already have:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And a Bent Creek Swirlygig freebie:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hmmm. Doesn’t take long to burn through $100, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment