Thursday, December 29, 2005

It looks like everyone is thinking about the New Year, reviewing the Old Year, and making stitching goals for 2006. So I guess I’ll take a stab at it, too.

I feel as if I accomplished a lot in 2005, because I stitched 17 small pieces and one medium sized project. Believe me, for this girl, that’s lots of stitching. So I’m very happy with that.

I have two large-ish projects that I have high hopes of finishing in 2006. I have a Spot Sampler that’s not charted or anything – kind of a make-it-up-as-you-go thing. It’s part of a stitch-along that I put aside in the summer and I never got back to it.

The other is Drawn Thread’s Souvenir Sampler. I was doing that as a stitch-along, too, but I started to lose interest. It’s very pretty and I like it – I don’t quite know what happened.

It’s pretty obvious to me that I suck at large stitch along projects. Well, at least at this stage of my life. I stitch whatever way the wind blows me; so sticking to a long-term stitch-along just won’t work for me. It’s less likely I’ll be blown off course when I’m working on a 6 X 6 project! Lucky for me there are so many small designs to choose from. And I’m learning to take parts of larger designs to use and adapt as I like.

Other aspects of my life are quieting down, thank god. January will be very busy work-wise, but I can deal with that. We’ve finally hired another pharmacist, so I’ll be glad to have my darlin’ husband back. He’s worked at least 60 hours a week since early October. Sometimes more… It’s been rough. But I have high hopes for a 40 hour (gasp!) workweek starting early in January. I’ve missed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment