Thursday, December 15, 2005

SBQ

Q. Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?

I like a lot of different things about a lot of different blogs.

Of course, I love, love, love to see progress on our projects. I’ll admit, not everything I see is something I’d want to stitch, own, or hang, but I appreciate the stitcher’s enthusiasm and so I’m happy for them. I’ve seen so many new (to me) designers and finishing techniques and I’ve learned of some lovely stitching groups…it has been inspiring. Bloggers have given me back that spark for needlework that I honestly thought I had lost a couple of years ago.

I enjoy reading the family and personal stuff, too. Again, not all of it. Some blogs (of course, not the ones on my sidebar list) are too saccharine for my tastes. Some are deeply mired in personal problems. I guess that’s the great thing about blogging as opposed to newsgroups and BB’s – if you don’t like it, you don’t read it. It’s not even a message that you have to skip over. It’s totally gone from your consciousness!

Most of all, I gravitate towards stitching blogs that tell it like it is. Writers that can laugh at themselves. Writers with dry wit. It can be about your stitching, your husband, your job, or whatever. And if you make me laugh once, I’m your reader for life!

And speaking of a good laugh, you have to check out this website:
Scared of Santa Photo Gallery
I laughed myself silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment