Friday, February 17, 2006

This week's SBQ:
Do you love comments or hate them? Do you check them every day, never check them, or find them helpful? And finally, are you convinced no one is reading your blog if you don’t get any?

I like comments - or else I wouldn't have them. No man is an island - I don't think I'd still be writing if I thought I was doing it in a vacuum. For instance, I've tried paper and pen journaling before, and my longest writing span has been about 4 months. Yet I've been a blogging for almost 3 years. Comments aren't the only reason, but they are a factor. It's nice to know you've made someone laugh with some goofy family story, or that someone likes your stitching. Or that someone shares (or disagrees with) your views on life.

I check comments on recent posts most every day. That's because I read your blogs by linking from my list in my sidebar. So I'm always starting at my own blog and moving on. If there are no comments - I don't really think about it. Sometimes I even bore myself.

There's not a lot of stitching going on here. I'm still working on Souvenir Sampler, but I'm getting in an hour or less each day. So it's slow going. The digital camera has gone AWOL, and this scan isn't great, but it gives you an idea of where I am:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm in the middle of stitching the small house. It should be interesting - I'm trying to make it look like our first home, back in 1985. It could be charming, it could be hilarious. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment