Saturday, March 25, 2006

This has been a quiet week. I've been very productive at two of my three jobs - I'm hoping to make a dent in the work I need to do for my third job today. I think it's interesting how some weeks you conquer the world, and other weeks you wonder why you got out of bed!

I know I've been telling kid stories a lot recently...I hope I'm not totally boring you. But here's another one that made me scratch my head: I've told you that DD is in the high school spring musical, Grease. I actually had to explain why it was called Grease. And she wasn't the only cast member that was in the dark about this - after months of practice! So I explained what a greaser was, and then thought about it and said, well, maybe you would call them "gangsta" now. And Colleen replies, "No mom, we don't call them gangster. They're just kids who dress really badly."

Forgive me - I've raised a snob.

As for stitching, I've been playing around with this and that. Back in January, when I was looking for something else, I found an old Kreinik freebie kit. I forget the deal, but it was something I sent away for and they included this as a free kit. The kit was a Quaker chart and pincushion finishing instructions, some lovely soft linen, wool backing fabric, and Kreinik silk thread. It looks like I started it, put a few stitches in, then put it away. For a long time. (telltale rusty needle parking place is visible in upper left corner!) When I came across it again this year, I decided it would make a good car project, and stuck it in my car bag. So here it is, stitching complete:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I've been playing with my Jan Houtman sampler, too, trying to hit on the right combination of light and dark reds. I had ordered some premium silk floss from Vicky Clayton, and here is one of the motifs in the color Heartwood:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I like this color, but I've decided to go more "red". This is too burgundy. I think I'll be using plain ol' DMC 347.

Have a great weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment