Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sorry that I’ve been away for a while. I just haven’t been in a blogging kind of mood lately. Everything seems completely trivial and (at the same time) overwhelming to write about.

Since I call this a stitching blog – I’ll start there.

A short while back I ordered some of those HIH tall birds from Stitching Bits and Bobs when they had one of their sales. Yes, I’m always a year or so behind the rest of the pack…. Anyways, I’ve been working on the Easter bird, and should have a photo to post before Easter.

Then my birthday was March 30, and DH took the day off and took me to lunch, followed by a trip to The Needle Nook in Ligonier. I didn’t have anything particular in mind, but given my love for anything monochromatic these days, I had to buy this:
Rhapsody in Blue

I thought I’d give some silk threads a try, so I took some home and tried a couple of motifs and now not only do I have a plan for my new sampler, I have a plan for my Jan Houtmann sampler, Tree of Life. One is red. One is blue. It must be getting close to summer. I’m going to do each of them on 36 ct. Antique white linen, with Au Ver au Soie silks. Heavenly!

On other fronts:

My kids cause enough insanity to give me gray hair and more gray hair. Wait…I already have gray hair. I need a new and similarly overused phrase for the craziness my kids put me through. Any suggestions would be welcome.

My Worry of the Day is this crush thing my almost-15-year old has on a much older boy (18). Crushes – feh. They come and go. But now it seems he’s interested in her. Now, I think he’s a nice boy. I’ve known him since he was in elementary school. Very handsome. Very polite. Yet I can’t get over this discomfort. The life of an 18 year old is so much different than a 15 year old. Of course, I could butt in like always. Or I could take a watch and wait stance. DD is smart, mature, and self-assured, and is way better with boys then I ever was at her age. I think it will just fade away on its own, making a long argument seem pointless. But God, the watching and waiting is killing me. And believe me, I watch. I had a talk with DS about it, and he told me I had nothing to worry about and that I would surely know if I should worry. What? Then he says, “You know Mom, you know these things. You have your ways of finding things out.” I’m glad he thinks I’m the Great and Powerful Oz, because I sure don’t.

I think it’s just that I love my Colleen so much that I can’t bear to think of her being hurt by some boy. I want our life of soccer games and horseback riding and cooking together and watching movies together to go on forever and NO BOYS ALLOWED.

Not everything makes me fret. I’ve been doing ok at Weight Watchers. No huge losses, but losing a little at a time is worlds better than gaining a little at a time. As of last week I had lost 16 pounds and I was down two sizes in blue jeans. Nine pounds till WW goal weight, although I’m most comfortable at 10 pounds less than that, which puts me at the middle of the recommended Height/Weight category, rather than at the top. So all together that’s 19 pounds left to lose. I’ll get there.

Early in March I started yoga classes at the YMCA. I can’t tell you how much I like this class! It just feels so good. I was having some serious hip pain last Fall during soccer season, and it got better but never really went away through the winter. Well, six weeks of yoga, and we’re into Spring soccer and no hip pain. Life is good.

And on that note – Look for my Easter Bird soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment