Friday, July 21, 2006

DD has been off at camp for the past several days, and I’ve taken this opportunity to “red” up her room a little. (For you non-Western PA readers, that means to tidy it up.) I had thought about painting it, but the volume of posters and magazine pages pinned to the wall kind of overwhelmed me.

She has some hunky young men on those walls! Of course, Johnny Depp has most of the wall space, followed by Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood, and the young man who played Harry Potter. Cute, cute, cute. Then there are a few sports guys, and a few that even though I have no idea who they are, I can certainly see how they made it to the wall…

So it got me thinking about my pre-teen and young teen movie star crushes. Well, most of my posters were TV heartthrobs – we didn’t get to the movies as often as today’s kids seem to go. And I came up with this list of old flames. Most of them were from the 60’s and early 70’s. Once I was older I seemed to stop watching nighttime TV. Too many other, interesting, real-life boys were out there, I guess.
So, without further ado, here’s my list, followed by their TV show:

Lee’s TV Heartthrobs

Bobby Sherman: Here Come the Brides, and a questionable singing career

Michael Cole: Mod Squad

Christopher George: The Rat Patrol

Batman and Robin: I thought they were both hunky.

Paul Michael Glaser: Starsky and Hutch

Davey Jones: The Monkees. How could you not think he was adorable?? I know he has some funny dance moves, but back in the sixties, he was awesome. Hey - if you look at the video, doesn't the blonde dancer look just like Candice Bergen? I wonder....

No comments:

Post a Comment