Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I’m trying to put together some kind of meaningful post today that maybe even has something to do with stitching.

I’ve been waiting and waiting for an order of silk floss so that I can begin two large samplers that I purchased earlier in the year. I had ordered two 8M skeins in shades of red and one 25M skein of blue sometime back in May. After a short wait, the reds arrived at the LNS, but the blue has been backordered for months. Ordinarily, since the shop is rather far away, I’d wait till it all arrived and then they’d mail it or I’d pick it up. But I was driving reasonably nearby there last week, so I decided to go get the reds, since it seems that the blue may never arrive.

The dark red arrived perfectly. The lighter shade, on the other hand is completely different. I expected some variation due to dye lots, but this just won’t work:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The small skein on the top is the one I experimented with in the spring and really liked. It’s color #2921. The silk on the bottom is labeled #2921, also, but it’s more of a coral color than a pink.

I guess it’s back to the drawing board on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment