Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It’s a gorgeous fall day here. It’s one of those days with a bright blue sky, brilliant colored trees, and deliciously warm temperatures. I don’t especially like fall, but today is a day that I want to grab and hold on to!

This will be a completely random post. My daughter loves the word “random”. I don’t quite understand how she’s using it, but then again, I’m not 15.

Colleen’s soccer season is over next week. It will be a luxury to have evenings at home again. I love it and I love to watch her, but really….I’m tired. Once the games get started, the season becomes intense. Colleen played well this year – she was a varsity starter all year and I’ve watched her get better and better. The best thing is: She loves to play. Colleen (almost) always comes off the field or out of practice with a smile on her face.

My soccer season is coming to a close soon, too. My hips and my sanity are grateful. After working games all weekend, I really pay by Sunday night. I don’t know any way around it, and it seems that all of the referees my age are complaining about various aches and pains, too.

We’ve had yet another repair to this money pit of a house. The main furnace needed to be replaced, and as usual with my husband, that wasn’t enough. So now we have one new furnace and two new heat pumps. We’ve spent way too much money on the house this year….I don’t even want to think about it. And I still don’t have my new kitchen. Sigh….Dave thinks we’ll be moving in about 10 years, but he may have to pry me out of this house after having spent a quadrillion dollars on it to get it just right.

My (not-so) LNS called that they have my skeins of silk in for Tree of Life. I had to chain myself to my chair yesterday to keep from hopping in the car. But as for tomorrow? Well, that’s another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment