Friday, November 03, 2006

Today Dave and I took a lovely fall morning and drove to Annapolis to pick up a car. Dave was jonesing for a change of cars again, but this time I was able to direct his energies into something productive. With John getting ready for college next fall, I can see that we're going to need something big enough to haul stuff. And I carry Gatorade to the away games for much of the fall soccer season, and lugging it in and out of the trunk was killing my back. So I told him to sell his sedan and get a station wagon.

Well, that didn't take long, did it? So now we have a nice, almost-new station wagon. I love it when people do what I ask. Seriously.

And we had a really great day. The 3+ hour drive didn't seem very long. We had a wonderful lunch in Annapolis. Then on the way home I stopped at the Hagerstown outlets and found some good deals on a running coat and hat. I've had a couple of really cold and wet runs, and I had to face the fact that it's only going to get colder and wetter. Ugh. But I got a nice jacket for $25, and the hat was only $5. Sweet. I've picked up one more game to ref this Sunday, so I'll try them out then. (I keep thinking I'm done, but I keep getting called...)

Oh! I have a squirrel story to post for tomorrow or Sunday.
Try to contain your excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment