Saturday, November 11, 2006

This week's SBQ:

How many different brands of “complete” embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

At one time, I had a complete set of DMC, but that was a while ago and DMC has had so many additions that I doubt my set is complete anymore. I keep track of them numerically in a FlossAway box. That system can be a problem because if a color is "living with" a UFO, (short term or long term), it looks to be missing when I need that floss for another project. If I was smart, I would get those flourescent index cards to pop into the space where the floss bag should be...Naaahhh. That would be too much work.

About a year ago, I joined one of those automatic ship programs at Stitching Bits and Bobs, and each month I get 6 skeins of Crescent Colors. Love 'em, but I've yet to use any of them. And you know what? I don't care. I love to get that envelope in the mail each month, and I fondle them and stare at them and then hang them by my sewing machine. And these days, I'll take my stitching happiness where I can find it.

Speaking of auto-ships, at the same time last year I joined a program for Picture This Plus fabrics, and I'm not nearly as happy with that. Some of the colors are just yucky. Do any of you have a favorite hand-dyed linen that you'd recommend? I know that color preferences are individual and subjective, but this year's batch seems to be so....muddy, for lack of a better word. I'd rather have wild and crazy than average and muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment