Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What a difference a day….or two….makes.

I should know by now that every time life throws me a curve ball that I don’t think I can hit, someone appears in my dugout, coaching me along and telling me that I can do it. Thank you to my blogging friends and to my neighborhood friends. I’m one fortunate gal.

About my dad….it is so incredibly difficult to see things “as they are” instead of how I always thought they would be. And if I think it’s hard, I can only imagine how difficult it is for my mother. There’s no doubt that we have a rough road ahead, but I hope that we can make good decisions and not disintegrate as a family. I have four brothers and sisters, and three of us participate in Dad’s care, while the other two aren’t as involved. I just hope we can all agree and support my mom when decisions are made about my dad.

After a rough week last week, Johnny is bouncing back. I received a nice letter from one of the coaches of his favorite college, saying that he was actively recruiting John for the schools cross country and track teams, and yada, yada, yada. More than likely it was a form letter, but it gave my boy quite a boost, and if it makes him happy, it makes me happy. And (BEWARE: MOTHER-BRAGGING MOMENT AHEAD), he got all of his grades for this report period, and they are outstanding. Even better, he was invited to a friend’s house to watch movies for Halloween, and that gave him a boost, too, because as of Friday he thought he didn’t have a friend in the world.

Now all he needs is for Dave to let him use the Corvette for the Junior Senior Dance….Yeah. Right. That’ll happen.

Oh, hey, you must go here:
Radio Paradise

I'm always on the hunt for great music to listen to while I work at the computer and this is by far the best I've found. Sorry WXPN...now you're #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment