Monday, January 08, 2007

I spent a really lazy weekend. I'm almost ashamed to tell you how very little I did around the house on Saturday and Sunday. I started to write out the details of all of the work I didn't do, but it was embarrassing.

I got a phone call Thursday to referee some indoor soccer games over the weekend, but told the assignor that I'm taking the winter off.

Instead, I putzed around. Took Colleen shopping for new running shoes and makeup. I baked brownies. I watched a couple of movies.

And I spent some quality time with my needle.



But about the brownies: Dave brought home this recipe for brownies that the ladies at work said were fabulous. It goes like this:

1 small box of instant chocolate pudding, prepared as directed on box.
1 box chocolate cake mix
2C semisweet chocolate chips.

Add dry cake mix to prepared pudding. Fold in choc chips. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 (f) for about 30 minutes or until done.

They were good. To me, they were much more like a very rich chocolate cake than a brownie, but who's to argue about rich chocolate cake? And certainly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment