Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ouch-ouch-ouch.

I ran in a race on New Years Day, and I ran better than usual and felt pretty darn decent afterwards. Mind you, I finished third from last and two women walking beat me, but for cryin' out loud they were walking fast and they meant business. I was just out for a morning jog that happened to occur during a race and that ended with a sweet roll and a complimentary Bloody Mary, and a hideous lime green race T-shirt.

But I'm getting off topic...

So, with delusions of grandeur I got cocky and decided to change my regular route. I added about a half mile, and most of it was up a hill. A big, steep hill, right smack dab in the middle of my run.

What am I, a moron?

I have a new resolution for 2007. Forget running up life's hills. Either walk up a big hill, or run a series of small hills. But don't be an idiot that makes stupid decisions and then limps about for days later, begging for ibuprofen and sympathy. It's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment