Tuesday, January 09, 2007

We finally had some snow today! Just a little, but enough to make you realize it was winter when you stuck your nose out the door.

I'm still not running. Turns out I hurt my Achilles tendon, and it's a slow healing process. But each day it feels a little better, and today I walked pain-free about 75% of the time. Oh - and what can cause a tendon injury like that? Why, running up hills, of course. It's a good thing I have a Master's degree so I don't do stupid things. ;)

Well gang, I joined a book club this week. Some of my neighbor friends have been tossing the idea around for several months, and finally last night about 12 of us got together and made it official.

When do I have time for this?? I don't, but I'm going to give it a good try. Luckily next month's book is one I've been wanting since December: Thirteen Moons, by Charles Frazier. Cold Mountain is one of my all-time favorite books, and when I saw he had written a new book...well, I hinted around at Christmas time, but nobody seemed to pick up on my very subtle hints. "Gee, I would love this book for Christmas...." just didn't do it.

(I'm joking, of course. I received wonderful Christmas gifts. My family really outdid themselves this year in terms of thoughtfulness and generosity.)

But back to the book club thing - We have lists to complete of books we'd like to read in various genres. I haven't analyzed my reading in quite a while, so this will be a nice exercise.

I would guess that most of us bloggers keep a book journal of some kind or another. I've been keeping a list of books I've read since 2002, but kind of fell away from it in 2005. In 2002, I read 17 books. 2003 - 23 books. 2004 - 12 books. I lost track in 2005, and then in 2006 I think I read 10 books. Not too many, and not nearly as many as my fellow clubbers who put that many away in a month!

In kid news, John got his scholarship letter from Allegheny College and it had good news. We're really proud of him - He's worked very hard for this.

I'm always astonished when I think about him leaving for college. I can't imagine him not being at the dinner table, or running out the door late each morning. It's going to be a big adjustment for me. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment