Monday, February 05, 2007

I guess all in all I had a lovely weekend.

Friday night I shoveled snow. Twice.

I spent Saturday literally running around with Colleen.

She was supposed to go on a 50 minute run with the girls track team, but at 9AM, when it was only 1 degree outside and breezy, I wouldn't let her go. I know it was the right decision, so why did I feel guilty?

So...off we went to the gym for a workout. 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 20 minutes on the treadmill. B.O.R.I.N.G. But it suited the purpose.

Then some shopping, and home to prepare a nice turkey breast that I had bought earlier in the week, and settled in for an evening at home.

Super Bowl Sunday didn't go exactly as I'd planned...I didn't sit on my butt all day. I always have plans for that, but I never can pull it off. Seriously, I'm not trying to sound like a martyr. I don't think I'm different than most other women who run a house. It's just a matter of fact. You sit down and then after about 15 minutes you think, Oh Hell, I might as well put in a load of wash. So it starts off simply and then all of a sudden you're doing housework without even thinking about it and then here goes your day, shot in the very butt that you had planned to sit on all day.

I did stitch a little though.

It took me a little while to wrap my head around that round motif. I just couldn't mentally break it up into sections. Finally, I stitched it in long vertical sections 5 stitches wide. It was interesting to see the motifs within motifs come out as I finished it. If that makes any sense to you. (Sometimes my written words are so inadequate!)

Oh - and here are our pictures from John's Senior Night. You'll recall that my first choice for an outfit in our school's colors (maroon and white)was this:


However, we settled on this:



Doncha just lurrve the corsage? The school athletic department buys us those monstrosities. I look like I have a second head about to sprout on my shoulder.

1 comment:

  1. Brrr...I don't blame you for exercising indoors. I just need to exercise. ; )
    And I do the same thing you do-sit to do something creative and the house calls out to me-do the laundry! Start dinner!
    That's a nice photo though-I haven't seen you before and you and the guys are a great looking family!
    And the stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete