Sunday, February 11, 2007


I've thought and thought about which movie would go well with my current stitching, and I just can't come up with anything! I think it's because when I'm truly watching a movie, I'm not stitching.

However, I do enjoy listening to the spoken word while I stitch. So maybe I'll choose an audio book, and in this case, I think I'd choose Ahab's Wife, by Sena Jeter Naslund. The publisher says, "At once a family drama, a romantic adventure, and a portrait of a real and loving marriage, Ahab's Wife gives new perspective on the American experience. "

What does this have to do with my Tree of Life sampler? Well, the colors are strong, and Una (the book's main character) is very strong.
The motifs at first glance appear simple, but when I start them they are more intricate than I first imagined. If you look at the cover art for this book, it looks simple. Broken boat on a barren beach. But the story is ever so much more complicated than that, as Una's life unfolds for us. I loved this book.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your audio book while you stitch! I need to do that too! Audio books are so expensive...but i guess there is the library though. Happy stitching!
    ~Lana~

    ReplyDelete