Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Last night was our first book club meeting, and we discussed Thirteen Moons, by Charles Frazier.

I've started a book club blog to summarize our thoughts. It's over here, so go take a peek, if you'd like.

It's going to be interesting to see how this group works out. There are some very strong personalities there, as well as some very quiet folks. I think I'll enjoy watching this group as time goes by.

The kids are home from school again today, because of the bitter cold. This morning the thermometer said -10 degrees. At least the wind quit blowing.

When they're home all the time like this, my house feels like a disaster area. Why can't teenagers pick up after themselves??? My son is a Slob with a capital "S". Four days of clutter and it's making me nuts.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when we are stuck inside-together-for a long weekend. The guys just walk over the stuff. With Sean, I know he'll be up in State College next year at this time, so I try not to let him complaining or dropping food on the floor bug me too much. He's going up there as a junior. He'll realize how nice he had it here-15 minute long hot showers, peace and quiet, etc! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a slob too! I keep telling him that there will be no kids until HE can learn to clean up after himself! Not a day goes by that I don't have to help him find something! Frustration!
    ~Lana~

    ReplyDelete