Friday, February 09, 2007

One of the blogs that I follow is Quilter's Buzz, and they just had an interesting blurb about something an OLQS is offering called Quiltflix. When you order your fabric and pattern kit, you also get a movie appropriately themed for that quilt.

For instance a heart and flower themed quilt gets a romantic movie. A blue and yellow log cabin variation gets Driving Miss Daisy. (I don't quite understand, but maybe I'm missing something...)

The whole premise is that quilting and movies go together. I kind of get it, although if I'm back and forth at my sewing machine there's no way I'm able to watch TV. I can only watch TV when there's handwork involved, like hand applique or at the actual "quilting the quilt" stage.

So it got me thinking about movies to match the theme of my current cross-stitch projects. I watch a lot of TV while I'm stitching but I really don't know if one show feels more "right" than another. I'm going to go away and give this more thought.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting, Lee. I do find that tv shows and films and music and books influence the cross stitch projects I work on. "Driving Miss Daisy" or "Fried Green Tomatoes" or somehitng like that would actually have me grabbing for my Jeremiah Junction Quilt Sampler! I don't quite know why. It's the general feel of the movies.

    ReplyDelete