Thursday, March 01, 2007

I had the oddest experience last night.

I had a meeting in our home - The officers of the a local high school sports booster group came over for an organizational meeting. I'm friendly with three of them, and the fourth one, I'm sorry to say, usually drives me batty. I don't know if she feels the same way about me, although I don't think so because she says whatever comes to her mind...loudly...never holds back a bit.

Anyways, they came into my house and one of the group immediately said, "Oh, you cross stitch! L. is a cross stitch fanatic!" Normally I'd be so happy to meet another stitcher that I'd bubble over, sharing favorites and freebies, but last night I felt a very immature "You're freakin' kidding me" coming on. But I swallowed it and said, "Oh, neat." And that was it.

Now! What the heck is wrong with me? Good Lord, I can be such a snob.

I could have used that common ground to build a more positive relationship with her and I acted terribly.

Will one of you come over here and smack some sense into me?

4 comments:

  1. Go with your gut feeling about her. If you don't like her, you don't like her. I don't like every xstitcher I meet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know I think everyone has these feelings sometimes with certain people and usually it's pretty true!

    Sports boosters... always a touchy group! -- Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above, you don't have to like everyone, just be civil since you have to work together. If something comes from her liking XS, then that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't beat yourself up, ok?
    Stephanie
    www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete