Thursday, May 17, 2007

I miss you guys.

Probably more than you're missing me! My days and nights have been moving forward in double time, and I haven't had time to read or write or anything. Just a few more weeks...if I can last that long.

Here are a few quick hits:

1. Soccer boosters. Very interesting. Sometimes aggravating. We're supposed to be fundraisers who work to support the coach and the team, but SOME people are there just to advance their own agendas. They are aggravating the piss out of me.

2. Referee days are going well. The league playoffs are this weekend and I'm already getting nervous. Will I ever stop second-guessing myself? Really, I should be honored that they picked me out of several other refs to work the playoffs and the final. Knowing that doesn't stop the butterflies, though. Not to mention that I'm banking some nice extra money for stitching stash, but see #4 below.

3. Kids and husband. My kids are incredible. I should tell them that more often. My husband is a darling man. I should tell him that more often, too.

4. Stitching. If I don't get the chance to pick up a needle in the next few weeks I will positively self-destruct. There are so many great things that I want to buy with my hoarded away referee money, but I feel guilty buying them when I haven't stitched on anything in the past several weeks. Hmm. I guess I'll just have to get over it.

4 comments:

  1. Lee, go ahead and spend your referee money. Surely your stitching days will return soon, and what if they're there, and you have nothing to stitch? Well, nothing that 'speaks' to you? That would be a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being picked for the final - I'm sure you'll be steady on the day. And definitely reward yourself with some stash purchases - you've deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy is good, but so is me time.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog-it made my day. I really appreciate people liking what I do as my extended family rarely gets out here to see the fruits of my labor.
    I hope you'll be taking more time to relax this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have time to relax and maybeeyou come back blogging very soon
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete