Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I should be working.

I know, I know. But I'm slacking off for the next several minutes.

I came across a prom photo that I forgot was on the camera. Sometimes your kid will put up with anything so they are allowed drive your special car. The car that has a hallowed place in the garage. The car that never gets driven in the rain. The car he's been asking to drive for a solid year. I probably could have made him give me a kiss for the camera, too, but I'm not that mean.


Here's a little more work on Tree of Life: Will I ever finish this?? Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I'm plagued with self-doubt. Eh. Not really. I'm just in a melodramatic mood.

I'm still looking to spend my ref money. Here's my plan - I want to add to my collection of silk threads, and since Dinky Dyes has some new silks, and I haven't finished collecting Crescent Colours silks, I think I'll splurge on those. And use the leftover $$ for some fabrics. Honestly, although there are some great new designs out there, I have some relatively new great designs right here. On my desk. Looking me in the face.

OK, back to work.

2 comments:

  1. He definitely owes you a kiss for the car. Sweet! Isn't it a sad state for stitchers when we have a gazillion projects in the stash waiting to be started yet the new ones call us up, want us to buy them, force us to move the old ones to the bottom of the pile? Sounds like life is full and happy, can't ask for more than that can we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son on his acheivements, you must be so proud.

    Your Tree of Life is looking great.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete