Saturday, June 02, 2007

No way...

May 17 was my last post? You've gotta be kidding me.

First, a short update on Tree of Life. I haven't accomplished much - just a couple of borders.
I suppose I should be grateful that I've even done that much. Sometimes it's all I can do to get a couple of stitches in before falling asleep.

May was a crazy month, but it's been a month to remember. I'm happy to say that most of the memories will be very happy ones, as we have come closer and closer to John's graduation.

Both proms were nice. Not much to say there. I kind of stay out of these things when it comes to John. He goes a little crazy over dances and proms. Maybe it's nerves? So I've learned that the less involved I am, the better. I help with the tuxedo selection, and then I back away. But I do get in the occasional photo.

There was an awards ceremony last week. Long, long, long...but we were very proud of our boy, who received several awards and was recognized for receiving three scholarships. Dave and I were very surprised.

And on Thursday night we went to the Track and Field banquet, and John was named the 2007 Track MVP. Again, we were surprised! We knew that he had had a good season, but I guess we didn't realize how good. One of the gifts that the boosters gave the seniors was their photo from Senior Night. I've kind of stolen it from him, because I like it so much.


I mentioned the rec soccer play-offs before? The day went very well, and at the end of the finals a fellow ref approached me about applying to be a PIAA high school referee. I'm giving it some thought. Whether I do it or not, it was a nice compliment. I had a tough time of it during a particularly ugly game last fall, and even all these months later, I was still beating myself up over it. Silly - I know. So his words meant a lot to me.

Let's see. What else? Colleen found a nice lifeguarding job at our local country club. She's just too darn cute with her bathing suit and whistle.

My garden is a disaster. Looks woefully neglected. So I suppose it's my project for the day, and now I'm off to rescue some flowers from the jungle of weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment