Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm better today.

Not so cranky. A little less harried.

This phone situation is getting insane. Ever since my phone has been out (Monday) I've had my cell phone sitting near my bedroom window, which is the only place that gets a decent signal in my house. And I have a temporary desk (meaning ironing board)set up there so I can at least write down messages, phone numbers, etc.

Called Verizon again yesterday and they said that I had missed an appointment on Wednesday. What?? I was home all day Wednesday and no one called my cell or came to my door. I called this morning, and they said that a service tech was on his way and should be at my house any minute. So I roused DS out of his bed to take DD to work - heaven forbid I miss this fellow while I'm on the road.

Then DS phones me on his way home to say that he's just passed a broken down Verizon truck down the road. The hood was up and there were orange cones around it.

I think I'm screwed.

But I'm not cranky, I'm not cranky, I'm not cranky.

In happier news, I made a detour while picking up my car from the shop on Tuesday and went to my needlework shop. Well, I might be a little loose in my definition of "detour". I mean, if it normally takes me 45 minutes to drive there, but it's only 20 minutes from the car dealer, then I think I can justify a little shopping. And I was very good. I gave myself exactly 30 minutes to browse. It would have been too easy to hide in there for a very long time. The woman who owns the shop is so very nice and chatty and there are tables and chairs in the back and lovely new things. I could stay for hours. But as I said, I was very good.

I bought a Country Cottage Needlwork chart for a Yahoo group SAL.
And I bought a LHN Crescent Colours kit, Watermelon
And a couple of Soy Luster Threads. I had never seen them before, and I always like fooling with a new thread!

Now all of these great things are waiting on my sewing table. I'm going to get to them, I swear!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lee, When will Mr. Murphy let us, peace-loving cross-stitching sisters, give us a break??? What have we done to deserve this? I think you're handling it all very well. If I had such a wonderful LNS in my neighbourhood I would never be home, I think. Love your new charts.

    ReplyDelete