Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My daughter makes me so proud

Listen, I know I've been pretty whiny lately.
I'm too busy.
People annoy me.
I don't get any free time.
Waaah, waaah, waaah.


But there is a bright spot in my day. In fact, in every single day. My daughter.

Colleen has been under a boatload of pressure lately. My reasons to whine have been miniscule compared to hers. But does she whine? No.

This girl has had some great days this fall. But last week she had some really tough times at school and in sports. Yet in her typical fashion, she simply picked herself up, dusted herself off, and kept at it. And she did it cheerfully. (Ok, you can all stop wondering if she and I share the same genes. I wonder that often enough for all of us.) Well, today her accomplishments made headlines in the newspaper.

She's my hero.

4 comments:

  1. Your DD is so gorgeous Lee. You must be so proud. Can you tell about the newspaper article or is is somewhere online for us to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud. Can you share what the newspaper said?
    I had to inspire my mom a bunch when I was younger as it was hard for her being a single mom to 4. I still keep her tucked under my wing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean to sound like I was copying Mia. I actually don't read the other comments when I can and we seem to say the same things. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a gorgeous looking girl, you have every right to be proud of her.

    ReplyDelete