Friday, November 23, 2007

I hope all of you guys had a great Thanksgiving! We had a lovely and quiet day.

The kids and I started the day by running our local 5K Turkey Trot race. Guess what? I finished first in my age group (with a blistering time of 33:04)! I'm sure that I was first because I was the "only" 45-49 year old woman, but I'll take it. Actually, for me the real accomplishment was: This was the first race that I've run that has broken my consistent 11 minute/mile pace, even if it was only by a little bit.

Came home, had my coffee, took a shower and started my turkey while Dave and the kids went on some family visits. And I have to say, this turkey turned out beautifully. Not only in taste, but it really was picture perfect. (I really should have taken a picture)

Did I mention that I had a little catnap in the afternoon? Heaven.

Then we watched "Mr. Bean's Holiday". It was hilarious. The perfect post-Thanksgiving meal movie.

I stitched a little on the "J" project before bed. I absolutely hate over-one stitching. In particular, I hate over-one backstitched words. They are torture. I've ripped it out three times already, so now it's time to substitute something else in its place. And then I'll add the beads, paint the box I've bought for it, put it all together, and it's done! I hope my sister likes it.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day - I bet dinner tasted good after all that exertion in the morning :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your time!! How did your children do in the race? I am glad you had such a nice holiday. Looking forward to pictures of your sister's gift.

    Take care
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, we all did pretty well. My son placed 4th overall in the race. He was disappointed, because he had hoped to place in the top three, but he still placed first in his age group. And my daughter did the same thing! Fourth woman overall, but first in her age group.
    We seem to have a trend going...
    Thanks for asking!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete