Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin box

Since Stitch camp, finishing things has been on my mind. As in, ways to finish completed stitching. I suppose I've always thought of framing first, but it's so insanely expensive any more.

So - on my last trip to Michaels, I thought it was time to twist my thinking around a little, and I bought a few of these cheapy little pine boxes. I think they're awesome. (Who doesn't love to shift gears for a while and paint a little box??) Then I went through some little stitched things that were sitting in my Basket of Lonely Cross Stitch Projects.

What do you think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've also bought a wooden tray and I have a JBW Designs sampler from 1997 that will be happy to have a home. I'm looking forward to a productive weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful! Can't wait to see what other magic your productive weekend creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I look forward to being further inspired to finish finishes!

    So is using "any more" for "nowadays" (or "these days" or "today" or "now") a Pennsylvania thing? My boss says it all the time. But no, I think some people I know in OK do it too; it's an extraordinarily interesting regionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your box looks great!

    I hope you have a relaxing and craft holiday weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just don't know! It just trips off the tongue.

    Really anna, since people judge us on how we speak, you'd better start speaking like one of us East Coasters. It's the best way to speak.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finishes.

    "Any more" isn't limited to PA. It's also used in western NY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Lee, I'm born and raised in NH; we practically invented American East Coast English! Standard American English would have us use "any more" in the negative, "We don't talk like that any more."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the box finish, and the tray idea sounds good too. It's so good to get things finished up and out to display. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used one of those boxes, or a box very similar to it, for a jewelry box for my niece last year. I found it came out really nice if I sanded the heck out of it and coated it with a couple coats of paint. I also used a primer on it first which made the paint stick better.

    ReplyDelete