Sunday, December 02, 2007

Framed!

Today I framed the CCN Holly and Ivy sampler that I stitched a month or two ago.

Don't fall over flat - this is actually a recent project! And a new frame. BUT, the fabric is ancient. I bought it about 20 years ago, when I had delusions of completing a set of 4 floral pictures. It was a series of wildflowers by a designer named Dagmara I think? Anyway, that was about the time that I discovered that realistic, still-life style cross-stitch just wasn't my cup of tea. I'd rather have the painting or the photograph.

Gee. How soon till I get to call my stuff "vintage"?




That's your basic 8X10 frame with a 5X7 opening mat. All bought off the shelf at Michaels. The frame is actually more gold than it appears in these photos. The photos make it look silver.

I got lucky - not much fits in a standard frame, and to be fair, this was a little tight, but I thought with the matting it looked just fine.

Baking cookies today, and making spaghetti and meatballs. Just call me a domestic goddess.

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting a kick out of you dating all your materials. That is lucky to get an off the shelf frame to work so well with your stitching. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - just like a professional framing. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your framing looks great, it really sets the piece off nicely.

    ReplyDelete