Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Tree of Life update

Here's where I am on my favorite B.A.P. - Jan Houtmann's Tree of Life. I haven't worked on it much since November's Stitch Camp, but I made some pretty good progress on it while I was there. That is...until the camp projects arrived!

This is my overall progress, in all of its wrinkly splendor:

And these are close-ups of my most recent stitching:


That center with the tree and birds is going to be a bugger. It's divided between 4 different pages and none of them seem to line up. I've tried taping it together, but some of the graph lines disappear into nothingness. So I may have to do a fair amount of fudging.

Eh. Who's to know? Except you guys. And you won't tell anyone, right?

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad that what appears to be the most complicated part of the design was caught in the fold. I'm sure you'll do a fine job fudging it together.

    Have a happy and healthy 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee~ your Tree of Life is a stunning piece! I love these huge samplers...but they do get the best of us at times. Let's keep plugging away....its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I learned to fudge and be happy with it. I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, beautiful colors, beautiful stitching!


    I'm not telling. Thanks for sharing, may the stitching angel hover over you shoulder while you stitch and it all will work out. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the first time for me to leave you a comment and also the first time for me to see this design!
    It's absolutely beautiful design, I fell in love with it!!
    But it seems so big project, doesn't it?
    But it's really wonderful!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! :D

    ReplyDelete