Monday, December 31, 2007

Who makes these laws anyway?

Here's my big pronouncement for New Years Eve 2007:

Children should learn how to drive when they are 10 years old. Whoever chose 16 as an appropriate driving age had obviously never had a teenager of their own.

When kids are 10, they still think you're smarter than they are. They listen to you. They believe you when you tell them stuff. They don't roll their eyes and get all dramatic on you. Nor do they tell you that they really DO know how to drive a car and that you're just way too critical of them. They don't act like it's your fault that they nearly pulled out in front of a speeding semi.

So. Those are my words of wisdom to carry into 2008. Teach your kids to drive when they are ten. Or else you had just better wait until they are 30. Or maybe even until they're 40 and have kids of their own.
**************************************************
And here ends my "Holidailies" experience. Well, I tried. I managed to write a blog entry for 24 out of 31 days in the month of December. It was a good experience, and it made me realize that there really IS something to write almost every day. So, thanks for listening to me blather on!

No comments:

Post a Comment