Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've been tagged and now I'll tag Y-O-U

This was a fun and even thought-provoking tag-type exercise that dear Anna asked me to do. So here's the deal:

Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. But there is a catch:

Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be about anything you choose.

Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.


This was a bit of a challenge for me, because I'm too lazy to add tags to my posts. So I couldn't just click on a tag and have all of the posts marked "family" at my fingertips. Sometimes I've listed fairly recent posts, because I really don't remember all of the older ones and I got too lazy to keep reading my own blather. Well, here goes:

1. Family: It wasn't easy to find a post that mentioned all four of us, but there was our Easter Portrait post that I think depicts the day-to-day goings on in my house. We're the kind of family that argues a lot, but it turns out ok in the end.

2. Friends: Wow, I hardly write about my friends at all. That was an eye-opener. All I could find was this one post about our old Playgroup. Huh. I'm thinking that it's just this particular stage of my life? When the kids are on their own, I know we'll be doing more things with friends again.

3. Myself: If finding posts about friends was hard because of scarcity, finding favorite posts about me was even harder because it seems like that's all I ever write about!! Me, me, me! This is sort of lame, but I thought this meme was fun.

4. Something I love: Now, I took this literally. There are many someones that I love, but if I could show you one thing that I love, it would be this fabulous lamp. You all know that I love to stitch, and I generally love the things that I stitch, but as far as household decorations, my lamp wins hands-down.

5. My Choice? I guess it would be a post that I wrote in the hopes that it would make you laugh. So, I had lots of fun with the Christmas Uglies this year, but last year I had fun writing The Amazing Race for Parents, too.

OK, so now I get to tag some of you guys!

First I'll tag Nic, whose blog is titled A Girl as Mad as Birds. I've just started reading her, and I absolutely love the title of her blog.

Second - Jennifer at Sweet Pea Stitches. She is newer to me, also, and I'm enjoying her blog and projects.

Then for the third, and she may kill me because her blog is very extensive, would be Dianne at Dianne Rambling On. She always has something interesting to say, as well as great photos and art posted very regularly.

Fourth, if she's not too insanely busy with trying to pack up her family for a big move, maybe Nicole at Island Breeze wants to play?

And last but not least, how about AnneMarie over at Wacky Wanderings? Lovely stitching, thoughtful posts, and fun to read.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...have to think about this one...hope I can do it as you know I ramble on a bit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing! I remember the playgroup entry especially because I had just moved out of my cousin's house, and she had the playgroup drama then. It's probably good to have these sorts of groups to help one make friends, but my cousin was telling us about the neighborhood Bunco drama (kids are older now) and I feel a little relieved I don't have friends.

    ReplyDelete