Thursday, January 17, 2008

Slumpo

I don't have any stitchy news today. I've been in a big old slump for the past week or so. No worries, though. It's usually just a matter of time.

BUT, I did want to thank you all for the nice comments about my box. I know that sometimes I sound ultra-critical, but I really do like it. You know how when you make something, you always think of all the ways you could have made it better? I suppose I was just thinking out loud.

I've been on a box kick lately. Especially boxes with latches. See, I've recently moved my stitching chair. To make a long story short, now it's in a relatively high traffic area in the house and my supplies are open to the ravages of two teenagers, one husband, and a crotchety old dog. Usually a nice bag will work sufficiently well to store stuff while I'm not working on it. But this seemingly innocent-looking old dog can ruin days of stitching in a matter of seconds because in reality she's an ornery, spoiled thing who will grab the thing that's nearest and dearest to your heart and rip it to shreds if she doesn't get her own way. Photographs, important financial documents, cash money, wedding bands (not chewed up - actually swallowed), homework, science projects...You name it.

So, when I started stitching downstairs again, I realized that I needed a storage box that closed and did so securely. And since I wasn't sure if I could decoupage on titanium, these wooden boxes with latches seemed just right.

Who knows, this dog may make me look silly by deciding that she loves the flavor of paint and Modge Podge, and she'll reduce this box to splinters. But I'm hoping that it'll take more than a few minutes and I'll catch her before she gets to the linen and silk inside.

4 comments:

  1. How would she do on Rubbermaid storage containers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really hard time believing that beautiful girl could be so destructive (not). We're waiting for our application to be approved to adopt a lab. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize - we have a crotchety old mini-doxie (DH calls him the crothchety old kraut!) and when he's mad he find something of mine and destroys it. It's taught me to gather my things when done and put them above/beyond his jumping/grabbing ability! Good luck with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that face-ahhhh!
    All I have to do is rattle the bag with my cross stitch stuff and in comes my cat who then uses me as his heating pad for as long as he can.

    ReplyDelete