Monday, February 18, 2008

I haven't had much to blog about for the past couple of days. It's been very quiet around here. Although it's been a little boring, my house is reasonably clean and all of the laundry is caught up. AND, I've pre-cooked some meals for this week. I could get used to this!

Colleen passed her driving test on Friday. She was pretty darn happy. Me? I bought another box of hair color. The grey seems to come out so much faster these days...

I went back to working on DT's Souvenir Sampler again. I put that down months ago. So I started to work on it and realized that I was at a spot that called for a big house (Anna - you know where I mean). All along I knew I wanted to put in a house that looked like mine, and none of the houses in the pattern book quite fit the bill, so I decided to start from scratch and design a house of my own.

Let me tell you - it took me all weekend to stitch a little mock-up. Draw, stitch, rip, redo. But I think I have it about right, so now I'll go to the actual sampler. And I'll have photos then.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I know JUST what you mean. I'm all for independence with my son, but when he got his driver's license I was TERRIFIED! However, he's now 25 and doing fine so I guess he lived through it. Me -- not so much -- two more STREAKS OF GREY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you over on my blog. I hope you won't consider it too onerous.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your souvenir sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Colleen! Looking forward to seeing an update on Souvenir Sampler. Love the photos of your cruise, looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete