Friday, March 07, 2008

An Easter Gift

This began its life as a Christmas gift for my sister, but since I'm a total loser when it comes to finishing wood, it's gone through a couple of transformations. One included actually finishing a box, but closing it too soon. So the lid stuck to the bottom and in trying to free the lid, we broke the entire box.

But I finally bought another box, and here it is:



And now it's an Easter gift. With a Christmas ornament tucked inside. Do you think she'll think it's weird?

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful as are all your recent finishes. I think your sister will love it.

    I love Colleen's stitching. What a lovely keepsake of her younger years:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she thinks it's weird, you may take it away from her and give it to me. :-) I think it's just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your sister will love it, regardless of when you give it to her. Maybe you can make her the matching E for Egg for Halloween? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its beautiful and would be thrilled to receive such a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your sister will love it, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a nice gift for sure and I know she will love it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous! And not a bit weird :)

    ReplyDelete