Monday, March 10, 2008

Just fiddling around

It seems like I have the attention span of a housefly lately. If something requires more than an hour or so, I'm toast.

And you all out there in the internets aren't helping me any, because you and your projects keep grabbing my already short attention and saying "Here! Look at me! Over here! Look what I can do! You can make this, too!"

Which I really could do. And I could do LOTS of those lovely things, if I lived in a castle (a well-lit castle) all by myself and had all of my bodily needs attended to by a handsome prince/chef/housekeeper who visited from time to time.

Two of you were especially guilty of kidnapping me this weekend. First was Barbara, who wrote a tutorial on bookmarks for Focus on Finishing. The magnetic bookmark is wonderful, Although I haven't actually finished the bookmark, I just loved this project. I spent a lot of time rummaging through some smaller things I had stitched to find the perfect bookmark piece. I think I have the perfect one, and I hope I get to finish a bookmark one night this week.

The second guilty kidnapper was, as usual, Emily, with her darn Crazy Quilt ideas. She used some stitching in her CQ, and I was hooked. And I spent another large chunk of the weekend fiddling with this: Emily's was finished into a needlebook, but I see another pillow in my future.

But anyway.

Souvenir Sampler has half of a house stitched into it. I absolutely will finish that house tonight. I will. Even if it takes more than an hour.

5 comments:

  1. Great work, Lee!
    If only there were more time. I only do a fraction of the projects that roll around in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous quilting project! Now, go make that bookmark! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee,
    This is a beautiful patchwork! I have got to try this. I really love the idea of combining stitching and quilting.

    Take care,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patchwork looks great. Love the box that you made for your sister, it is gorgeous. Colleen's stitching looks wonderful and great to have as keepsake's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this-the main design really stands out!

    ReplyDelete