Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Actual stitching post

Here is a small purple biscornu that I just finished.
Well, I have news for you. It looks pretty in the photo, doesn't it? But did you notice that I didn't take any closeup photos of the seams? Or of the backside? Somehow or other as I was whipstitching the last side together, I realized that I was off by six or more stitches. I had 13 backstitches to whip on the top, and 19 or more to whip stitch on the bottom. Which is all the more miraculous when you consider that the design was only 29 st X 29 st.

Here I thought I was being so careful!! So I would surely appreciate some tips for keeping my biscornu edges even.

So - this anniversary party thing? I'm starting to panic. There are far more people coming than I ever would have thought. Luckily I called the caterer this morning and he's not nearly as panicky as I am. I increased my food order a good bit and he was cool with that. And I'll take another trip to the liquour store. But right now I'm going to go down to the garage and count the beer.

Let's see. It's one for them, two for me...one for them, two for me. Gee, I hope we have enough.

5 comments:

  1. I've got one word for you, pins. That's about the biscornu, not the anniversary party. You knew you needed pins, you just didn't want to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty though. I've made a few biscornu, they are nice enough, but I know now to avoid them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your unlucky attempt to assemble the biscornu. Well, if the design too complecated I mark all 8 corners on both pieces. I guess you lost 6 stitches when you were whip stitching 6 corners. Go back and check on them - that is a good way to learn. The pattern is pretty and worth another attempt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks pretty though. I haven't been brave enough to attempt one yet.
    I'm sure everything will be fine for your party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, my first one is still unfinished!

    ReplyDelete