Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Giving something new a try

My first biscornu:

This was loads of fun and may become addicting...The design was a freebie that I downloaded from somewhere last December, but I didn't save the link. It's called Quaker Time, if that helps. And I used DMC 4210 and 4240 on 14 ct. Salem cloth. I thought to use the Salem cloth because it's softer and I thought it would be easier to manipulate as I turned those corners, but now that it's all said and done, I think linen would have held a crease better.

Well now....back to Tree of Life!

8 comments:

  1. Lee! I love it! Its a beautiful design, I love the colors and no one will know this is your first! I've never heard of Salem cloth, what is it? Aida? Evenweave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job! Yeah! I still need to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I need to make a biscornu too for the finishing challenge, I haven't a clue what I want to stitch! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete