Friday, May 30, 2008

I feel like a housefly

I keep going from project to project and only staying a minute before I get distracted by something else. Honestly. I feel like I have the attention span of a housefly.

I finished this for the Bride's Tree SAL. The theme for May was birds:It was a UFO that only needed a little bit and a photo. I had an older finished bird piece - Cardinals - but I'm kind of tired of cardinals.

I've also been working on this, which is part of a sampler freebie called Tea Time:I'm making my own color decisions as I go along. I chose a bunch of bright flosses. I think it's because I started it during May, and it had been raining for almost three weeks straight. Originally it was for a monthly challenge with Emily, but May ends tomorrow and there's no way I'll finish it by then.

But anyway, go visit Ria's blog. She designed this sampler, along with many other things. Her blog is in German, but it's really beautiful and the photos are great and the finishing ideas...marvelous.

My Tree of Life is patiently waiting for me, as is Souvenir Sampler I have a few other projects kitted with only one or two stitches in them. Not to mention the Monthly Finishing challenge is a tin topper, and I really want to do that, too.

If you see me repeatedly taking a run and bonking my head against a window, you'll know the transformation is complete.

6 comments:

  1. As I mentioned over at the BT-SAL, your birds are very cute. I also really like the Tea design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice for the SAL. Can't wait to see your tea design complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did finish a cute one!
    Me, I am taking forever to finish things lately-it's the draw from the outside doing it to me! Can't sit inside (though I try to stitch outside but the bugs bother me)when it's too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't matter if you aren't done till Christmas. :) It's just for fun, no pressure at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog is not in German but in Dutch ;-)

    Love, Ria

    ReplyDelete