Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cups and Pots

Almost done!

I know I haven't been around much lately. I seem to be in a time where I don't have much to say. Nothing's wrong - Nothing at all. Really! The kids are doing great. College boy is working more, which has reduced my stress levels considerably. Colleen is working several days a week and starts daily cross country practice tomorrow. Dave is fine, too. Working, playing golf, etc. I've been working steadily. I'm running in the mornings, and after I finish work for the day I head down to the lake for a swim and a neighborly visit. And that's about it.

Dullsville, I know.

I've signed up for stitch camp in Tulsa in November, and let me tell you...it can't get here fast enough. I'm ready right now! But in the meantime, I'm working out the flight arrangements. No worries. I'll get there by hook or by crook. One blessing is that Julie has generously offered to help me out with car transportation once I touch down in Tulsa, and not only will that save me some $$, but it makes the whole trip more fun when I know that a friend is waiting for me!

I absolutely can't wait to go back and shop in The Silver Needle. I seriously need a cross stitch shop fix. This weekend Colleen and I are going Mercyhurst College in Erie, so I called a shop in Erie that I found listed on the Hoffman site. They are open 10 till 3. Not even until 5? But I'm going to do my best to get there. Then afterwards we'll head to Edinboro University to spend the weekend for the PA West Soccer Open tournament.

It sounds insane, but I love these tournament weekends. Over the years it's become a "girls weekend" for us and I look forward to it each June. It's like it's our little getaway.

And here it is Father's Day, and I'm remembering my dad and I'm trying not to be sad, but it's not easy. This picture helps. Silly fellow, huh? Dad was always a good sport.

Well, time to put on the shoes and hit the road. It's really the hardest part of the run. From the slippers to the sidewalk. From the pj's to the pavement. It's all about just getting out there, so I had better....get out there!

4 comments:

  1. Every dad should have a red fuzzy hat! LOL

    Your teacups stitching is beautiful. I love the colors.

    I went to the gym this morning. Now I won't feel guilty if I spend the whole afternoon stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you sound busy to me!
    Your stitching is just so pretty.
    How lucky to get to go to Oklahoma, it must be wonderful there. : )
    Thanks for your note on my blog. I made the collage in flickr, just another one of reasons it's a great place.
    Happy Father's Day to Dave too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either! I wish I could swing going twice a year. I think several of those who attended camp with us last November go twice a year. Lucky them.
    Looking forward to stitching the Blue Ribbon piece with you, but if time doesn't allow or you have something else you're wanting to stitch - I understand.
    I love your dad's picture! I'm sure it was a difficult day.
    Have fun on your girls weekend and I hope you make it to the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens -- why's he wearing an orange cat on his head? lol Too funny!

    Your sampler is looking beautiful.

    Dullsville sounds pretty nice to me :) Maybe you could start a countdown calendar to Tulsa?

    ReplyDelete