Monday, June 23, 2008

Erie - The Shore Next Door

Well! Colleen and I spent a wonderful day in Erie this past Friday! She liked both colleges (Gannon University and Mercyhurst College) and afterwards we had some time to explore Erie. Non-college highlights included a visit to a nice little cross stitch shop (Stitchin' Stuff - small but a good selection), and a short drive to Presque Isle State Park with a walk on the beaches of Lake Erie! After we left the beach, we had a terrific dinner at a place called Joe Roots. Grilled shrimp and a rice pilaf to die for.

Then it was just a short drive to Edinboro for our soccer weekend. The girls lost all three games, but we had a fabulous time anyway, probably because we don't take it too seriously. Our chances of winning are slim. The girls just go because they like to play and because it's good experience. So each evening we had a lot of laughs, mostly over crazy, silly stuff. There's nothing as wonderful as a group of sweet and funny high school girls and their wacky parents.

And now it's back to work. But a quick photo first! Teatime is finished!
I had edited the photo to remove my name and date, because I entered in a SAL thing...it's a long story. But then I couldn't un-edit it. Anyways, I have the perfect finishing fabric. In fact, I used the fabric when I chose my floss colors. So it'll be a pillow sometime in the near future...

7 comments:

  1. Very cute -- can't wait to see it all finished up into the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute finish!
    Glad you had girl time with Colleen. Never been to that area, maybe someday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get to see the Presque Isle lighthouse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sampler! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it....it's summery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, very nice!!! Luv it : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your tea time finish - it's so bright and cheery! :) I'm glad you and Colleen enjoyed a fun time together - and squeezed in a stop to a needlework shop!

    ReplyDelete