Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First a little stitching

This Teatime sampler is so enjoyable! I'm pretty happy with my color choices so far. It won't match a thing in my house, but I truly don't care. It's too much fun. So now we have a sugar bowl, too.

Colleen and I spent a lovely day in Kittanning PA this past Sunday. We went to see a group that Dave and I discovered on our music cruise, called Gaelic Storm. They were giving a free concert as part of the Arts on the Allegheny program.

The concert was in a riverside amphitheatre in a beautiful park along the Allegheny.



What a wonderful concert! Besides the fabulous music, these guys (and one girl) are great entertainers. Funny? Does the song title, "The Night I Punched Russell Crowe in the Head" give you any clues? They announced that they'd be at the Pittsburgh Irish Festival in September, and we SO plan to be there.

Not much else is happening around the O'Neil house. A neighbor gave me a truckload of hosta plants. No. I really mean it. A truck load. I'm getting them in the ground little by little.

School is out, so now Colleen is home, too. She started her lifeguard job again this week, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. Same with John and his state park job. I think they are having second thoughts about these outdooor summer jobs. It's tough when they only have a few short months to earn spending money for the rest of the year.

We start our first round of graduation parties this weekend. I plan to eat as much cake as possible. Stay tuned for Grad Cake Reviews.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I love Gaelic storm and it looks like you had a beautiful day. :)

    Love the tea sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gaelic Storm ... I saw them up in NH about a year and a half ago ... such fun concerts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is very colorful!
    I'll watch for that group. What a nice setting for the concert too.
    Sean can't seem to land a job. He had an application to do outside work for the school district. He has an apartment to pay for (as least help) so hope he lands something soon.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little tea party you have going. Looks like a great design for when you are so busy with so much else. Happy Stitching and planting etc., CJ

    ReplyDelete