Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The envelope please...

First of all, thanks a bunch to Mar and Cheryl for sending me this award. It's pretty special to receive this kind of thing from two people whose creativity I admire and whose wit I envy! Thanks to you both! And if you're reading this and aren't familiar their blogs...STOP READING HERE RIGHT NOW AND GO VISIT THEM.

Then when you come back, check out my five nominees:

Faith Ann has a blog called Stitch and Stuff. She stitches things that are impossible to me - I don't have the patience for picture-style stitchery, so I really admire stitchers who can manage these kinds of project. Plus she's a fellow runner who has set some great goals and is meeting them. Way to go, Faith Ann!

Nic's blog is A Girl as Mad as Birds. Wonderful stitching and check out her sidebar. WOW! She's a finishing maniac!

Take a run by Tina's at Stitching in Texas. I love her header photo! Nice blog with wonderful photos of her garden, her flea market finds and her stitching.

To see some beautiful stitching and finishing, click over to CathyB's at With Needle and Thread. I love all of the photos of stitching - they are exactly my tastes, and she sets them beautifully among quilts and things. Wonderful!

And last but certainly not least, I nominate Julie who writes October Eves. Julie is a stitching buddy who also is pretty darn good with a camera! She snaps pictures wherever she goes and we get to see the world through her eyes. And her stories are priceless - her latest is post is a gem!

Now, if you awardees want to carry this on (but no pressure - do whatever floats your boat), here's what you need to do:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Put a link to the person you got the award from.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to the blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny and too kind and Nic is insane (sorry Nic). And you know what, I haven't a clue how to doctor photos, so no adjustments. Don't know whether I want to learn either cause then I'd need to edit my photos just cause I knew how to!
    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm honoured!

    I'll post a follow-up on my blog next week when I have time for a proper post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete